Classic English Picnics take environmental and ethical effects into consideration in all matters of our business.
We are fully committed to working closely with our supply partner to ensure that basic human and labour rights, the development of safe and decent working conditions and improved general standards of living meet, or exceed, international regulations.
We will ensure that all our basketware is made where:
- Working conditions are safe and hygienic.
- Wages and benefits paid for a standard working week exceed the national average for this craft.
- Working hours are not excessive.
- Employment is freely chosen.
- Regular employment is provided. Our supply partner is one of the very few basketware manufacturers that have attained SEDEX* and ISO9001 status and therefore they are regularly audited by the appropriate external organisations.
- All the willow used to produce our basketware is coppiced from fast-growing regenerating crops that are cultivated solely for this purpose, sustaining traditional farming methods without the use of chemical application.
*SEDEX, is the Supplier Ethical Data Exchange. Connecting businesses and their global suppliers to share ethical data and enabling continuous improvement in ethical performance.